Sanctuary of Hope
includes thirty-two acres
of wooded land with a 100 year old building (once the Mount St. Joseph
Home) located at 26th and Ridge in Kansas City, Kansas. The
property is leased from the
Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas.
In 1893, when the
first building was used as a mental health asylum, it was to be a place
to help the people of the community. It was called Home for the
Insane. In 1899, it became the Grand View Sanitarium. In
1946, under the direction of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, it
was named Mount St. Joseph Home.
It began as a place of
healing for the people of Kansas City, Kansas and continues as such.
is our solemn pledge to keep it as a place for wounded souls and hearts